Raul Lopez-Grueso, PhD
EDUCATION, TRAINING, QUALIFICATIONS
2017 – MSc in Technological Innovation in Education (Univ. Miguel Hernández, Spain).
2011 – PhD in Physiology (Univ. Valencia, Spain / King´s College London, UK).
2008 – MSc in Physiology (Univ. Valencia, Spain).
2006 – MSc in Obesity & Cardiovascular Risk Factors (Adiabetma, Univ. Malaga-Granada, Spain).
2005 – BSc in Human Nutrition and Dietetics (Univ. Granada, Spain).
2004 – MSc in Human Nutrition (Fac. Pharmacy, Univ. Granada, Spain).
2004 – Teaching Certificate (CAP) (Dept. Education, Univ. Granada (Spain).
2002 – BSc (hons) in Physical Activity and Sport Sciences (Univ. Granada, Spain).
– – –
2020 – Cycling Coach (level III). Certified by National Spanish and International Federations (now).
2009 – Triathlon Coach (level III). Certified by National Spanish and International Federations.
2003 – Athletics Coach (level III). Certified by National Spanish and International Federations.
2002 – Swimming instructor (level I). Certified by National Spanish and International Federations.
– – –
2020 – Stryd Coach.
2018 – Member of “Sports and Physical Activity” European Specialist Dietetic Network (ESDN) in European Federation of the Associations of Dietitians (EFAD).
2017 – Full Member of the Spanish Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic.
2017 – Coordinator of Specialization Group in Nutrition and Dietetic for Physical Activity and Sport (GE-NuDAFD, in Spanish Academy of Nutrition and Dietetic).
EXPERIENCE and KNOWLEDGE
- ENDURALOG – CEO and Founder. Physiologist, Sports Performance Coach and Dietitian. Aarhus (Denmark)
- Lecturer and Consultant professor in Sports science, Physiology and Nutrition: Master, postgraduates and Supervisor of students (Master´s thesis, PhD, undergraduate): Exercise Physiology, Training Methodology and Sports Nutrition.
- Advisor of Nutrition: Clinical, Performance and Health, specifically in endurance training and special environments.
- Advisor of Applied Physiology advice, Sport & Exercise training and High-Performance, specifically in endurance, special physiological conditions (altitude, thermoregulation, heat, hydration,…), wearable devices (HRV, power, glucose…) and processing data.
SKILLS and ATTRIBUTES
- Rigorous data collection (human body, conditions and devices), analysis (software and stats) and dissemination (in a variety of formats to different audiences).
- Ability to work into dynamic environments and collaborate with multidisciplnary background teams.
- Able to transfer the latest physiological findings to give solutions for specific training and competition issues.
- Capable to design and manage high-performance training programmes.
· Hydration strategies at 4000 m altitude sojourn in a marathoner / Estrategias de hidratación de un maratoniano concentrado a 4000 m de altitud. Sanz-Quinto S, Moya-Ramón M, Brizuela G, Rice I, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R. RIMCAFD. Revista Internacional de Medicina y Ciencias de la Actividad Física y el Deporte. IN PRESS.
· Actividad cardíaca vagal, volumen e intensidad de entrenamiento en una atleta de fondo keniata / Cardiac vagal activity, training mileage, and intensity in a Kenyan female distance athlete. Sanz-Quinto S, Flat A, Brizuela G, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R, Moya-Ramón M. RICYDE. Revista Internacional de Ciencias del Deporte. 2022; 68(18): 86-98.
· Hematological and Ventilatory Responses to a 3900 M Altitude Sojourn in an Elite Wheelchair-marathoner. Sanz-Quinto S, Girard O, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R, Brizuela G, Moya-Ramón M. European Journal of Sport Sciences. 2022; 1(1): 1-8.
· Lifelong soya consumption in males does not increase lifespan but increases health span under a metabolic stress such as type 2 diabetes mellitus. Borrás C, Abdelaziz KM, Díaz A, Gambini J, Jové M, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R, Mas-Bargues C, Monleón D, Pamplona R, Viña J. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development. 2021 Nov 10; 200: 111596.
· Estrogen Replacement Therapy Induces Antioxidant and Longevity-Related Genes in Women after Medically Induced Menopause. Borrás C, Ferrando M, Inglés M, Gambini J, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R, Edo R, Mas-Bargues C, Pellicer A, Viña A. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity. 2021; 8101615.
· Acute Increase in Blood αCGRP at Maximal Exercise and Its Association to Cardiorespiratory Fitness, Carbohydrate Oxidation and Work Performed: An Exploratory Study in Young Men. Aracil-Marco A, Sarabia JM, Pastor D, Guillén S, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R, Gallar J, Moya-Ramón M. Biology. 2021; 10(8): 783.
· Bilateral asymmetries in professional cyclists during a Grand Tour. Javaloyes A, Mateo-March M, Carpes FP, Moya-Ramon M, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R, Zabala M. Isokinetics and Exercise Science. 2020; 1-7.
· Nutritional strategies in an elite wheelchair marathoner at 3900 m altitude: a case report. Sanz-Quinto S, Moya-Ramón M, Brizuela G, Rice I, Urbán T, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R. Journal of the International Society of Sports Nutrition. 2019; 16(1): 51.
· Periodization of nutrition in cycling: something basic!!!. LÓPEZ-GRUESO R. Journal of Science and Cycling. 2019; 8(1): 1-2.
· Influence of Training Models at 3,900-m Altitude on the Physiological Response and Performance of a Professional Wheelchair Athlete: A Case Study. Sanz-Quinto S, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R, Brizuela G, Flatt AA, Moya-Ramón M. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research. 2019; 33(6): 1714-1722.
· Sex differences in age-associated type 2 diabetes in rats—Role of estrogens and oxidative stress. Díaz A, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R, Gambini J, Monleón D, Mas-Bargues C, Abdelaziz KM, Viña J, Borrás C. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity. 2019; 6734836.
· Monitoring Heart Rate Variability Before and After a Marathon in an Elite Wheelchair Athlete: A Case Study. Sanz-Quinto S, Brizuela G, LÓPEZ-GRUESO R, Flatt AA, Aracil-Marco A, Reina R, Moya-Ramón M. Journal of Sports Science and Medicine. 2018; 17(4): 557-562.
RESEARCH AND TEACHING VISITS (funded grants)
2015 – Thomas Cortebeeck. Section for Sport Science. Aarhus University (Denmark): “Athletics”.
2013 – Prof. Jose Gonzalez-Alonso. Cardiovascular Physiology – Centre for Sports Medicine and Human Performance. Brunel University, London (United Kingdom): “Hydration, thermoregulation and performance in special environments”.
2012 – Prof. Jose A. Duarte. Sports Faculty of University of Porto. (Portugal): “Physiology, hormones, supplements, and oxidative stress”.
2009 – Prof. Giovanni E. Mann. Cardiovascular Division. School of Medicine. King´s College London (United Kingdom): “cardiovascular parameters, hormones, oxidative stress and antioxidants”.
- ISAK Level 1.
- Special Collaborator with:
∙ Elite and amateur athletes and teams (triathlon, cycling, athletics, judo, football, etc.)
∙ Occlude – Blood flow restriction training (Aarhus, Denmark).
- Reviewer in: PLOS One; Free Radical Biology and Medicine; Archives of Sport Medicine; RENHYD: Revista Española de Nutrición Humana y Dietética.
- · ENGLISH: C1-advanced.
- · SPANISH: Native.
- PASSIONATE SPORTSMAN: cycling (former U23 at national level), duathlon & triathlon (Spanish AG champ and WCh-ECh podiums-top10 from sprint to 70.3 Ironman) and athletics.
Welcome to the merger of
Physiology, Sports Training and Nutrition!
Do we SUM all your potential until INFINITY?
Let’s get closer to it!
For information on how we could collaborate:
CVR no: 41609354